Sunday, February 8, 2009

Kids say the cutest things!

Cooper had his 4 year old checkup at the pediatrician this past Friday. He is 3 ft 5 inches tall and weighs 37 pounds. He was in the 75th percentile for both height and weight. We always get the comment that he is tall so 75th for height didn't surprise me. However, Ben and I both think he is so lean so couldn't believe that he was that high in percentile for weight. At his 3 year old exam, he and I had to fill out a questionnaire that showed how he was developing. The nurse gave us a similar questionnaire this time. This questionnaire was for 4-6 years old. It made him answer lots of questions, copy both a circle and cross, asked him to point at animals as I asked questions about the animals, made him hop on one foot, made him put the paper under, on, behind and in front, had to name colors, and had to draw a person. As he was drawing I would ask what each thing was: head, eyes, eyebrows, legs, slippers, big belly, arms, fingers and a party hat! I was so excited that there were only 3 things he couldn't do. 1)Completely dress himself (still needs our help with zippers, buttons and long socks). 2) Picks the longer line both right side up and upside down. He could do it right side up but picked the wrong one when I turned the paper upside down. 3) Couldn't balance for 8 or more seconds on each foot. Our pediatrician was very impressed, reminded me that it was a 4-6 year old sheet and quickly asked if he was in preschool. So glad to know that he is learning more there than the game "I see your booty" and the word "fart" in preschool. But seriously, Ben and I are impressed with what he has learned at school. Also, we all know that 4 year olds definitely say the truth. As soon as she walked in, he said "It's taking too long." This was after waiting about an hour and half, I had to agree with him. I wanted to share some of his answers:

What do you do with a cup? Pour juice in it and drink
What is a chair used for? Sit in
What is a pencil used for? Write on paper
What is a ball? Shoot it in the basketball goal
What is a lake? Has ducks and fish
What is a desk? Do paperwork
What is a house? You go inside to eat supper and drink milk
What is a banana? Eat inside
What is a curtain? So you don't see anybody
What is a fence? The ball goes over
What is a ceiling? So Santa Claus can climb up the roof
What do you do when you are cold? Get a blanket
What do you do when you are tired? Lay on pillow
What do you do when you are hungry? Eat some food

He had to have 4 immunizations (3 shots) but did so great. Not sure he will be so eager to go back for a "checkup" again.

2 comments:

Julie said...

I love the "what is a ceiling?" answer...must be ben's kid!!

Julie said...

I have to tell you that I have told many people about cooper's response to these questions!! So sweet!!