Saturday, February 21, 2009

The Lightning win their first game!

Today was Cooper's first soccer game. They play 3 on 3. Coach Bob has done a great job teaching them (and Ben and I) the basics of soccer. But lets face it, one person can have a hard time containing and keeping six 4 yr olds entertained. So, after the second practice, Ben called Bob and offered to help as assistant coach. I find this very funny because Ben told me before we started this season that he would not be coaching Cooper in anything ever. I will not let him live this one down, as I know he will be coaching baseball and basketball, sports he loves and knows. We got home today and Ben must have told me about 5 times how much fun he had. Yes, Cooper had fun too but not sure it was as much as Ben. We looked at each other and I said "do you realize that was the first of many, many games that we will be going to for Cooper." How awesome!!
Coach Ben with The Lightning...
Cooper getting ready to kick off...
Waiting for the other team to kick...Daddy and son watching the game...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

AWE.........I HAD TO PAUSE WHILE I WIPED MY TEARS! I'M SO GLAD BEN IS HELPING COACH. AND THE PIC OF HIM AND COOPER WATCHING THE GAME PRICELESS:)