Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Conversation between son and mom

Last Friday, we went to eat at Joe's Crab Shack (very good!) with Michael, Shannon, Nana, PawPaw, Aunt Linda and Uncle Glen. While we were there, Uncle Michael asked Cooper to be in their wedding as the ring bearer. So, we talked with Cooper about what he would have to do and I made the comment that he would get to wear a monkey suit. (Definition of monkey suit : slang word for a tuxedo).

So, this morning, Cooper woke up in a great mood and came to my bathroom. He was wanting to take a bath in "the big tub", even though he took one last night. I agreed as we had time since he got up early. Here is part of our conversation while he was in the tub:

Coop: Mommy, why are you putting on your uniform?
Me: Well, I have to go to work today.
Coop: Do I have to go to school?
Me: Yes
Coop: Why do you have to go to work?
Me: I have to put on Landon and Shannon's braces today.
Coop: Our family Shannon?
Me: Yes, our family Shannon
Coop: Why do I have to give Shannon a ring while I am dressed in a tiger suit???

Love it!! These are the conversations I want to always remember.

No comments: