Monday, June 15, 2009

23 week Ultrasound

Today Ben and I went for an unexpected ultrasound. I had some bleeding this weekend when we got home from Destin. We called the emergency number and the on call nurse had me stay in the bed for the rest of weekend to make sure I did not continue bleeding and was not leaking fluid. I called Dr. Futayyeh first thing this morning and she wanted me to have an ultrasound. Low amniotic fluid was the reason I was induced with Cooper 6 weeks early. So, we got to see our baby girl today and are very happy to report that everything is okay. Amniotic fluid levels were within the normal range but on the low side of normal. Kyleigh's measurements were all around 23-24 weeks so she is still right on target with her growth. They estimated her weight at 1 pound, 10 ounces, which was at the 52nd percentile. So, she has gained about a pound since our last ultrasound. I would have swore that she had turned due to how much I feel her move. But nope, she is still breech. She also didn't want to cooperate and let the ultrasound tech confirm that she is indeed a girl. Her daddy made the comment "Not cooperating, must be a woman" but we will let that slide. So grateful and relieved for the good news!! She was still looking straight at us, could not get a profile shot of her this time either... Her legs, crossed at her ankles...
Her arms...

1 comment:

Julie said...

She's beautiful!! So glad all is well!